Fly fishing is a wonderful way to catch fish, and it is much simpler than you might think. More and more people are using this thrilling technique to catch trout, bluegill, sailfish, and more. You can count yourself among them. It just takes the right equipment, a little bit of know-how, and some practice. If you’ve never tried because you heard it’s “too hard,” then you are missing out! In Thrasher’s Fly Fishing Guide, professional fly fisher Susan Thrasher provides an all-in-one resource to get you on the water and fly fishing with success.
Inside You’ll Find:
- Introduction to the basics, including terminology and equipment
- Discussion of various methods, from dry fly fishing to Euro nymphing
- Personal stories and anecdotes to entertain and encourage
- Advanced tips, such as fly fishing from a kayak and understanding various fly line designs
- Recommendations on lodging, guides, and nearby activities for destination trips
Whether you’ve never hooked a fish or have spent your whole life casting a fly to that elusive brown trout, you’ll enjoy Thrasher’s engaging writing style, and you’ll appreciate her step-by-step approach that can take you from “never tried” to “let’s go again tomorrow!”